Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas program

Christmas time is here, and with it comes the numerous Christmas choir programs at church. Our youth choir program was last Sunday, and seemed to go pretty well. (Much better than I thought it would.) First of all we had to wear thick heavy robes and had to walk into a heated sanctuary carrying candles dripping hot wax. You get the picture. By the time we made it through the first song I was seriously starting to burn up with the heat, and on top of it all I had to sing a solo later in the program. I love singing, but solos make me extremely nervous. (I'm taking voice lessons so I guess I'll have to get used to singing solos. lol) I was starting to get lightheaded as my solo entrance got nearer and nearer, and my heart started pumping loud enough to wake the dead. I got through it though, and I think I did pretty well. Anyways we got out of there candles and all without burning down the church and the brand new hymnals with it.
Nothing else is really going on right now. Tonight is our church's Christmas party which isn't the most fun since it's geared toward younger kids. Coloring Christmas pictures, rolling around in large tubes, etc. aren't as fun now as they were when you were a kid. Oh well. At least food is involved.

No comments: