Monday, December 24, 2007

Longest Day of the Year

Well the longest day of the year has finally arrived. (If you haven't guessed why that is, then you might need some help or something. ;) haha). Anyway, since I'm about bored stiff, I thought I'd let you know how our program went last night.

Let me just say the program went wayy better than I had originally thought. We all managed to remember most of the words to the songs, (though I did miss a few now and then), and we managed (once again) not to burn the church down with our candles. (though I did keep getting hit with hot wax). I even got to sing one solo, which surprisingly I was not a whole lot nervous about. (That is really wierd for me since I normally get freaked out at about everything that has to do with performing). Maybe it was a fluke. ;)

The "fun" part of the program, (which was us peforming skits for everyone at the christmas party, basically everyone acting like nuts), went pretty well too. The reindeer skit was pretty hilarious (my brother had the honor of being one of those), and we even pulled off "Nuttin for Christmas", which we had never rehearsed on the stage before. Let's just say we totally winged that one. But it all turned out okay, and luckily I didn't die of embarrassment. ;)

Now that the program's out of the way, all that's left standing between me and Christmas is good ole' Christmas Eve. So far, all my parents have planned for this morning is cleaning (not my idea of relaxation). Oh well. At least it gives us something to do. ;)

No comments: