Monday, February 19, 2007

Choir Festival

Sorry it's been a while since I posted last. I was gone this past Friday-Sunday with my youth group on our annual choir festival. We traveled two hours away to sing in a concert with a bunch of other youth choirs. (There were 19 choirs there I believe.) Unfortunately when I arrived at our church on the day we were supposed to leave, I discovered we would have to all ride in the small church van instead of the our bus. (Why I ask you?? Why??) In the bus you can grab two seats just for yourself, stretch out, and go to sleep. But in the van you can hardly move due to all the stuff stuffed in there, it starts to smell really funny, and I happened to be sitting in front of a person who laughs really really loud. My ear drums about popped when that person laughed right in my ear. Obviously she was trying to deafen me or something :)

The first evening we went to the church to practice the songs we were going to sing for the concert with all the other youth choirs. It took a while I can tell you. If I had been that choir director I probably would have gone insane :) The rehearsal started at 7:30 and ended at 9:30, so by the time it was time to leave I never wanted to see another music note again. (I had to get over that quickly though due to the fact that we had a concert on Saturday and on Sunday.) When we got back to the hotel the other three girls I was staying with all decided they wanted to sleep in the same bed. (Either they're all really really good friends or else I had cooties or something :) But hey I wasn't complaining. If they wanted to all get cramped up in the same bed more power to them. The next day we had our concert with all the other choirs. When we performed we were on the stage and the balcony, and believe me when I say all of us just barely fit up there. (After all there were about 200 of us.) I'm afraid that if there was a fire we all would have roasted alive. Okay maybe not but it would have been close. The rest of the weekend went by with rather quickly. From a four hour long trip to the mall (how delightful) to sleep talkers who yelled "omigosh omigosh!" in their sleep, the rest of the weekend was quite interesting to say the least.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

HA! Well... all the better for you if they wanted to sleep together. lol! Did that mean you got a whole bed to yourself?

Sounds SO fun! I'm glad you had such a great time. Oh, and I know what you mean about the loud laugher. :-P We have some of those at our church, and some in our youth group... hehe! Good thing you don't have to be with that person all the time.

When our youth group went to a theme park, one of the girls kept sticking her feet into the faces of the people in front of her in the van. It got annoying to everyone... but she didn't seem to notice.. lol. I guess there are just people like that. =]

It's great to have you back Hannah!