Sunday, February 11, 2007

Random Happenings

Well I have several random thing to mention about this weekend.

*First of all, last night there was a thrilling basketball game between Kentucky and the top ranked team in the entire nation, Florida. The game was pretty interesting considering Kentucky got whipped by Floriday twice last year. One of those times happened to occur on Senior Night for Kentucky. As you can surmise Kentucky was not the best team in the world last year. *sigh* Anyways moving on, Kentucky came back from a 16-point deficit and started playing hard. It all came down to a last second three point shot which would tie the game and take it into overtime. If Kentucky didn't make it they would lose. The Kentucky player dribbled up the court to the sounds a roaring screaming crowd, threw up the shot, and clunk. The ball hit the front of the rim. End of story.

*In Sunday School today we had a debate about stem cell research. We were randomly assigned to two different groups. One group was supposed to argue for stem cell research, the other against it. But I'll tell more about that later.

*Much to my discomfort I was asked to read Scripture in church this morning. Yes that's right in front of the whole church. I knew that it was just reading, but that didn't stop me from getting nervous. The stop of standing up and speaking in front of about 300 people was utterly terrifying. The service seemed to take forever to start, and by the time it did my mouth had gone utterly dry. A short business session began. I began to wish I was on Mars. By the time that ordeal was over we launched into a hymn. Unfortunately for me we had to sing two of them. Not that I didn't want to but I seriously wanted to get this reading ordeal over with. During the singing I began to imagine myself fainting or throwing up over the whole church. My face started turning beet red. When the singing finally ended we all sat down and the prelude began. I wished I was dead. Finally it was time. My legs were shaking so bad I was surprised I made it up there. I made it through it, however. I suppose I did all right. :) When it was over I was so relieved I almost jumped through the roof. Okay maybe not but I was pretty darn close.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You and your basketball. :-P HEHE!

Wow... good for you! You hung in there. Lol, it's always SO nerve wracking to get up in front of everyone. What's funny is, sometimes it's even hard to stand up in front of people you know really well. It's just something about being the center of attention, it makes your knees knock together, and your heart jump into your throat. =]

I bet you did a great job though. *thumbs up* You are brave. Our church is less than 200, and I still find it hard to get up in front of everyone to sing, or talk, or anything.

Hope your week is going well! We're on the worst day... in most opinions. Mondays are a time to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully we all get back to normal pretty fast. Or else Mondays would kill us... lol! They come every 7th day you know. ;-)

Puppyluvr91 said...

Wow, that must have been really nerve-racking having to get up in front of all those people! I had to do that in church once, too, during the Christmas Eve service. But luckily it wasn't too bad! And I'm glad it wasn't bad for you either. =)