Saturday, March 3, 2007

Bridge to Terabithia Review

Here is a review for the Disney movie "Bridge to Terabithia" which I got to see today.

The story revolves around Jess Aaorns (a lonely country boy) and Leslie Burke (the new rich girl at Jess' school.) Since both of them have ultimately no friends in the school, they befriend each other and help each other face the bullies at their school. Later on they venture into the woods and discover the land of Terabithia, a land created by their imaginations. They must face creature versions of problems in their real lives in Terabithia and learn how to deal with these problems in the real world.

This movie was completely opposite from what I expected. From the trailer I expected the movie to be a true fantasy adventure story like The Chronicles of Narnia. The trailer is exceedingly misleading, however. There is some fantasy involved of course, but not very much. The story mainly revolves around the powerful friendship of Jess and Leslie. The acting was excellent and the graphics good, but the movie was a little boring at times towards the beginning and middle of the film. Also the last few minutes were extremely bittersweet and the middle just plain sad. So the bottom line is if you are looking for a fantasy adventure film like Narnia don't go see this movie. The film was overall pretty good in my opnion. It just wasn't what I expected. Overall I give this movie 2 1/2-3 stars out of 5.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cool! I really want to see this movie, but I haven't gotten the chance yet. =D I actually wasn't very impressed with the book though... it lacked... I don't know what. Maybe length. :-P

Puppyluvr91 said...

I agree with you about the previews being misleading! It did make the movie seem a lot more like a Narnia-type fantasy movie. I had heard stuff about the movie before I saw it, so I knew it wouldn't be quite what most people expected. I still think it was a good movie, but they shouldn't have made the previews like that, because that attracted a lot of families with young kids, but it's really for older kids because of the bullying and the sad ending.