Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thank Goodness

Well I did it. I passed my driving test yesterday. I'll admit it. It was a miracle. First of all I was so nervous I thought I might puke on the guy giving the test or pass out over the wheel getting us both killed. So that was definitely a worry. I must say as we walked out to get in the car, I wished I was anywhere else but there (preferably on another planet with an assumed name). haha. Plus the guy really didn't do too much to allay my fears. He was about the most impersonal guy I had ever met, and he seemed like the kind of guy who didn't care too much for teenagers and would fail them in a second if he could....Well it was too late to back out now, so I climbed in the car and got ready for my doom...

The test was pretty easy actually, and much better than I thought. I was extremely nervous of course (my hands were shaking, and I had to swallow rather loudly at times), and I rode the brake pretty much the whole way. Probably slow grandma drivers would have been ticked off if they had been driving behind me....Okay so I wasn't going that slow, but it was definitely much slower than usual....hehe. Luckily I only had to drive about half a mile though. Then I had to turn into a neighborhood and do a three point turn. I think the DMV's obssession with the three point turn is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I mean how many times are you going to have to do that? Can't you just pull into someone's driveway to turn around? Also I think it's dumb how they would flunk you for a direct hit on the curb while doing your three point turn. I mean come on people. If you hit the curb it isn't going to kill you or end the world or something....Anyways I did the turn (without hitting the curb I might add) and then he had me back straight a few feet. well I was pretty nervous about that, because backing is my weak point. However, I managed to stay straight for as long as he wanted, and then he had me drive back to the office. When he said, "That was good. We're gonna go get your license," I could have hugged him. Beautiful words. Beautiful. =]

So that's that and I'm extremely glad. The thought of this test has been looming over me for about a year and a half, so it's a great thing to get off your back I must say. Plus there's no better feeling than driving by yourself. No mom to yell at you, you can speed as much as you want....haha kidding kidding. I promise I don't speed. =]

Well that's it for now....

No comments: