Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Trip- Part 2

After the insanely not fun trip up to my grandparents house (see "The Trip-Part 1") it was very great to finally get there. Normally when we're up there we don't have much to do and we just hang around and relax and stuff, but this time we had so much to do I hardly had time to breathe. The very next day I got to go look at one of my top college choices. I must say I was extremely nervous. After all, I'd never been on an offical college tour before so I had no idea what it would be like. To make a long story short I LOVED it. I fell in love with the campus the minute I walked on it. I had already heard a lot about this college since my grandpa, mom, aunt, and uncle all graduated from there (yep I think that's pretty darn awesome) but I didn't know it would be this great until I visited it. I loved my admissions counselor, the facilities looked great, and there was just a certain "feel" to the campus that I just can't describe. I just felt completely at home there. So yes I've basically decided (unless something drastic happens) that that's where I want to go to school. I almost didn't even want to go look at the other school I was supposed to look at the next day, but of course I did (and tell about that in a minute). Anyways the tour was really fun except I made a really dumb mistake. I decided to wear some brand new flat, formal shoes with nothing else on my feet. Big mistake. By the end of the tour I was basically hobbling around like an old woman, I had big blisters all over my feet, my heel was bleeding, and my feet kept sliding off every few seconds and I had to keep reaching down to adjust them. So yep that was my idiotic move of the day. Moving on....

That afternoon we went house hunting for the first time. It was pretty fun, but not quite as fun since we haven't sold our house yet (stupid bad market....). I liked the first two I saw (in the first one I could have my own bedroom and bathroom downstairs and the second had a really awesome basment) and enjoyed looking at a few others, but the end of the outing was not too fun for me. Basically the realtor decided just to drive us around in his car and show us the different communities, and toward the latter part of the trip I happened to be sitting in the middle of the back seat between my brothers. Now you may not know this about me but I am very prone to motion sickness. When I was little I actually threw up twice in the car...So as the realtor wound his way through curvy neighborhoods (very quickly I might add) I put my head down on my lap and tried to ignore my churning stomach. Not only was my stomach churning, but my head felt very nauseated and heavy from sleep deprivation. When we finally arrived back at my grandparents house, I bolted for the door, collapsed on the couch, and swore I wouldn't move or eat anything again for the next million years. That lasted for about 30 minutes. Then it was suppertime and I wasn't missing that....hahahaha.

The next day I went to visit the second college, which was still pretty nice. The admissions counselor was great, the tour was impressive and in depth, and it was generally a nice school. However, it just didn't have that feel to it like the other place there, and for some reason I just didn't feel at home there at all. It just didn't feel like the college for me. Plus they didn't let first semester freshmen have a car. Not that I have a car yet, but when I do get one (after working my butt off) I'd like to take it to college with me for my first semester thank you very much....;) So I've pretty much decided on the first one, though I'll probably end up applying to both (and another one too) just for kicks....;)

Anyways, that afternoon we went house hunting again (no, I didn't sit in the middle again and thus didn't feel sick) and we saw a few more nice houses. However, like I said before it's just not as fun house hunting when you haven't sold your own house yet....*sigh* What scared me though was that the realtor said once we sold our house we could look for 6-8 hours a day with him if we wanted to. I immediately thought, "No way am I spending 6-8 hours riding in your car and tromping through houses with you my friend...." Nice guy but heck no way. I'd pass out from exhaustion or get really irritable and start smashing windows or something....hahaha. Anyways I guess I'll worry about that when we actually sell our house....

The next day we got to visit with my uncle, aunt, and four of my cousins (which was super awesome) and then Sunday we just relaxed (finally). So all in all it was a fantastic trip and made me feel better about a lot of things that have been troubling me lately. So basically I feel a lot better about life right now and am pretty excited to see how things turn out with moving and all. ;)

Later

No comments: