Saturday, January 30, 2010

Congestion = A Nightmare

This week I've had a little cold. Nothing too major except I couldn't talk for two straight days because of a sore throat (very difficult for me to do I can assure you) and I looked like a complete and total insane maniac. Plus my brothers were not very conducive to my recovery by shrieking loudly, running around the house, and pounding on the drums when I was trying to sleep (you'd think they'd be more considerate, but I've learned not to expect too much from brothers..). Anyways, last night, however, was NOT fun. I thought I was all over my cold, but I woke up with my ear throbbing so bad I thought it was going to pop off my head. I lay there, writhing in pain, for a few minutes debating whether or not I should go wake up my mom. Normally I don't like to wake people up from their beauty sleep unless the house is on fire, I'm covered in snakes, or I'm just plain dying. The pain was so dang bad, however, that I stumbled out of bed. I figured I probably wasn't dying, but I didn't want to take any chances....

After explaining all this to my mom, she got up to get me some ear drops and a heating pad. Unfortunately, at this point my stomach started hurting really bad and I felt like I was going to hurl at any moment. Plus the world started spinning wildly and my ears started ringing. I wasn't sure what this signified but I knew it wasn't good. I have a deathly fear of fainting so I began to panic over the idea of fainting, which didn't help matters one bit. "Mom!" I said rather frantically. "I think I'm going to faint." My mom told me to get straight back to bed, so I lurched down the hallway wondering if I was going to pull through and wishing I hadn't eaten all that popcorn right before bed. I lay there for a while, and finally the nausea passed as did the ear pain. Let me assure you, though, it was some of the WORST pain I've ever had in my life and my ear still hurts a little bit as we speak. Apparently all that congestion from my cold went straight to my ear cause it feels full of something (I don't really want to think about what at the moment...). It feels better today though so hopefully it'll be all right soon. I really can't take this being sick much longer. For a workaholic, sitting around trying to recover from a cold and doing *gasp* nothing is a horrible nightmare that should never be contemplated. Scary stuff....

Later :)

1 comment:

QASYSTEMS said...

Hi Hannah,

I hope that you're feeling better. Sometimes it does a true workaholic good to be a little under the weather so that you are forced to slow down a bit. There was a similar crud going around our extended family and it just seemed to linger and hang on for a while. All in all though, it's really great to see you blogging again.
<><
Tom