Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year

Well 2010 is finally here and I have to admit that this fact creeps me out just a tiny bit. For one thing, this is the first time in my life where I can remember every single year of an entire decade. For another thing, I've always viewed 2010 as that far off, momentous year in the misty future when I graduate high school. I never expected this year to ever get here for crying out loud....;) Anyways, I'm trying my best not to think about it too hard and to remember that I'm taking a year off before college (the only things keeping me from having a full scale panic attack).

New Year's Eve was actually pretty fun. I played games with my crazy family for most of the night, and thanks to some of the goings on during said games I will never be able to contemplate black snakes with a straight face ever again (just don't even ask...). ;) I even was able to sit up till midnight and got to watch all the insane maniacs on TV celebrating the start of the New Year (just so you know you couldn't pay me enough money to be at that crowd on New Year's Eve). I'd rather watch the whole affair from the comfort of my living room if you don't mind...

Today we didn't do too much except watch the Rose Bowl Parade (my dear friend introduced me to that as I had, sadly enough, never watched it) and fire a toy rocket. To get things straight this rocket was not my idea whatsoever as I really don't get into such dangerous things. (haha). Like the extremely intelligent person that I am, I sat in the warm, heated car and watched the rest of my family attempt to shoot that dang rocket in the 16 degree weather. That might be their idea of fun, but it sure as heck isn't mine....;) haha

Happy New Year's to everyone and I hope 2010 is amazing for you. I have a feeling it's gonna be a good year....;)

1 comment:

Puppyluvr91 said...

That's exactly how I feel! I can't believe it's already 2010 either. Seems like just yesterday it was 2000, and we were starting a brand new millennium. I feel old. :P

Sounds like your New Year's Eve was interesting! lol. Hope you're having a great 2010 so far!