Monday, August 6, 2007

Pretty Busy

This is a pretty busy week for me as 1: I'm helping out with my church's VBS which started last night (it runs till Wednesday), and 2: I'm taking a business course for high schoolers at my local college. (It started today and runs through Thursday.) The first night of VBS got off to a rambunctious start when my mom found out that instead of teaching one grade like she had thought, she nwo had to teach three. (Luckily she ended up only doing two because they had to move one of the grades into another group.) I ended up helping her, and the kids were pretty good I suppose. Most of the boys probably wouldn't listen if their lives depended on it though, since all they seemed to want to do was play games. Hello. That's what recreation is for. *sigh* lol. But at least I don't have to help out by getting on the stage with some of the other youth and going through the songs and motions during the beginning rally. Now that's something I wouldn't do if my life depended on it. :)

The first day of the business course went pretty well. I was pretty nervous at first cause I didn't know a soul there, but I ended up making several friends so I was pleased about that. :) The speakers were pretty interesting, and one of our projects is to make jewelrey and sell it on Thursday during the final lunch. Hopefully we'll be making some good money off that (like that's going to happen. :) I really enjoyed it though, and the main message was very motivational. It basically said that as long as you study hard and have a good attitude about education and think, you can have any job you want. Makes you feel kind of guilty after having a whole summer doing almost nothing with the brain though. haha.

No comments: