Thursday, October 30, 2008

This Week....

This morning my brother and I had to ride to piano with one of our neighbors, because our parents were out of town with my grandfather and my grandma' can't drive. Soo I was all set and ready to go when the neighbor called me up a little beforehand and said she wanted me to drive to piano instead of her, so I could get a little practice. Well boy did that throw me for a loop. I get nervous enough driving with my parents, let alone with a neighbor in their car. The horrible senarios were endless. If I wrecked the car, and survived, I wouldn't survive for long cause either my neighbor or my mom would kill me. (And if they decided not to kill me, my mortification would do the job). So, since I had no grand excuse to make, I came up and told her the truth. I really didn't feel comfortable driving other peoples' cars, especially with said people inside of the car with me (but I didn't add that last part). Well she insisted, and insisted, and insisted. She even said she was coming by early so I could get used to her car driving around my neighborhood. So boy was I in for it now. I figured there was no further point in refusing, so I said okay and hung up.

By the time she arrived, I had already thought of many more horrible things that could go wrong. I might get so flustered that I'd whack into a stop sign. I might overturn at the traffic light and hit the curb or an innocent bystander. Heck I might even get in the car, have a total brain freeze, and forget how to drive. But there was nothing I could do about it, so I got in, started the engine, and hoped fervently that I'd still be alive in a few hours time....Okay so I'm exaggerating a bit. I wasn't that nervous cause I'm a pretty good driver if I do say so myself. I'm just a big worry wart. (If you hadn't already figured that out). Well like most things that I worry about, this thing definitely wasn't worth all the worrying. I made it to piano without killing anybody, or getting yelled at by my neighbor who has to be one of the bravest people I know. I mean I sure wouldn't let a strange kid drive my car around. But I made it back and there with no incident, and I even got to practice my three point turn that I have to do for my license test. So that's that, but I must say I like my dad's car better.....=]

Well the rest of the week has been extremely busy with school, church stuff, neighbors in and out of our house, voice, and all other kinds of things. As to my dad, things aren't going so well. They made it back from the university hospital today, but he's extremely weak so we're going to have to get some professional people to come in and help take care of him for a while. They're also going to take him off this new medicine, because it hasn't been helping any. So now I have no clue what they're going to do next.....It's all pretty scary, but thanks for your prayers. They really do mean a lot. ....

Well tomorrow's Halloween. But do I care? Not at all. I just never have been much into Halloween lately. Especially after last year when I went out to make sure my brothers didn't get killed in the trick or treating rush. Our neighborhood is an insane madhouse on Halloween night. People come from all over, just to get candy. It's insane I tell you.....Insane....Anyways, I was just walking along when I felt like someone was following me. So I turned around and sure enough some kid about my brother's age was following along slowly behind me with some kind of freaky mask on. Well I was about to either give me a punch in the nose or tell him to beat it, when two really tall people (teenagers or young adults or something) with even creepier masks started following me too. Well by now I was really freaked. When I started walking a little faster, they walked a little faster. When I started running a little, they started running. Now don't call me a wimp or anything, but I don't mess around with two big people who might possibly be murdereres for all I know. (Seriously). So I took off running headlong for the house. Even I didn't know I could run that fast. Luckily the house was not too far off from where I was, so I ran in there as fast as I could, not even daring to look behind me to see how close they were. I locked the door (and deadbolted it) and was seriously tempted to go hide under my bed for a while....When I finally got the courage to pick out the window, they were standing on the sidewalk in front of the house, laughing like the hooligans they were. Well by this time I was more mad and scared and I was tempted to go punch their lights out. But they started moving on, so I decided I didn't want to waste my time and energy....hehe. But anyways the main point of all that was; you will never (ever) see me out on Halloween night again in our neighborhood. I might go to the thing at church, but other than that no way. No candy's worth all that trouble.....=]

That's it for now....

1 comment:

Puppyluvr91 said...

Omg, I could never drive someone else's car, especially with them sitting right there next to me! I'm glad you did okay though. =] I've been practicing driving a lot more and I'm now able to drive to my school! I don't actually drive to school since I don't have a parking permit for the school or my license, but whenever I practice I always go there.

Ahh I'd be so mad if someone followed me like that! That's just really creepy when people do that, whether they have a mask on or not. lol.

And I'm still praying for your dad!