Thursday, October 2, 2008

Busy

Well this week has been pretty busy. School is as crazy as always, and today I had two music lessons; voice and piano. Piano was fine, but I was kind of dreading going simply because my teacher has had me playing the same pieces over and over again for weeks. Everytime I finish playing a piece, she always says "well might as well keep it one more week." So when I was warming up for my lesson while my teacher was in the other room, I was seriously tempted to grab that offending piece of music, run into the bathroom, and flush it down the toilet. But being the rational person that I am, I didn't of course and instead kept plodding along playing it and wondering how I could ever have liked this annoying piece with all those stupid octaves. But to my surprise, when she came back in after I finished playing it, she actually said I could be done with it. Plus she gave me a new piece. Boy was I thrilled.....

Later in the day I had voice, which was nice because it was my first lesson of the year. The only problem was the college marching band just had to be going full blast next door right as soon as we started. So my teacher left the room to go ask them to shut the door. Well turns out they already had shut the door, so basically there was nothing we could do to shut out the noise. (Imagine how it would have sounded with the door open). I was seriously tempted to go tell them off for being unconsiderate, but I decided that wasn't too smart seeing as how there was a whole big room of them and one of me.....But the rest of the lesson went fine, and hopefully my teacher won't throw any horrible recitals at me any time soon. *shudders*

Then after all that, I went by to get the key to a neighbor's house so I could take care of their repitlian creature while they were on vacation. I know, you're thinking why the heck would I get dragged into taking care of a freaky creature with scales? Well for starters there's money involved, and I'm pretty darn broke at the moment. Second....well okay there's really no other reason. I absolutely hate lizards, even when they're dormant like this one. All he does is lie in his cage and give you either the evil eye or an "I'm so much smarter than you" gloat. Still I actually have to reach into the cage, pick him up, and put him on the ground so I can clean out his cage. This is harder than it sounds, because his tail tends to get stuck coming out. This really induces me to panic, because the longer I have to spend holding the thing the better the chance he'll finally wake up from his dormant state and eat me alive or something awful like that...But as long as I wear gloves, I might be okay. (Trust me, I would be tempted to jump off a building rather than handle that thing with bare hands. Exaggeration of course, but you get the point). All I can say is thank goodness I only have to do it for two days....

Later

1 comment:

Puppyluvr91 said...

lol. That's good your piano teacher finally gave you a new piece! And yeah bands can be annoying! lol. My Spanish classroom is right above the band room, so sometimes they can be quite distracting. lol I guess I'm being a bit of a hypocrite though since I was in band in 6th and 7th grade...but at least the people who built the school that I went to back then were smart enough not to put the band room near any classrooms. haha

Oooh yeah, reptiles are creepy. lol. I don't mind lizards too much, but that still wouldn't be my first choice for a pet. But snakes reaaaaally freak me out!