Saturday, January 17, 2009

How Embarrassing

So this morning I was grocery shopping, and as you might or might not know I don't like to mess around while I'm grocery shopping. Basically I don't waste any time, I move as fast as I can (unless I'm shopping for something enjoyable like clothes or something), and I stick to the list as much as possible. There is nothing more annoying to me than people who keep getting distracted from the list and loiter around looking at everything in sight....Anyways as I was walking (rather quickly I might add) out of the produce section I came upon a rather large wet spot on the floor. Walking as quickly as I was, I didn't really have much of a chance to process the fact that I was coming upon a rather large wet spot. Plus I'm not very clumsy, so I didn't really expect to injure myself or anything. Well, unfortunately for me, I walked headsmack into the wet spot, my feet slipped out from under me, and I landed flat the on the ground. I happened to be carrying a can of olive oil spray, which went spinning across the floor over near some fruits or something.

Well I must say that I sat there for a few seconds in great pain. Dang that hurt. Double dang. Well I jumped up as quick as I could, (since by this time I was seriously embarrassed and I didn't want anyone to notice me sitting in the middle of the floor) and slowly started to exit the produce area, wincing in pain. I at first thought I had gotten away with the accident, but as I was leaving a lady from the bakery right next to where I had fallen came hurrying up saying, "Oh my are you okay?" I assured her that I was fine. She, however, repeated the question asking, "Are you sure?" I assured her again, and trying not to wince I quickly left the area. Now the whole company is probably in a horrible state of terror that I'm going to file a lawsuit against them or something. (Very tempting though, but nope. Too much trouble. haha). Well anyways after a while the soreness went away, and I was extremely thankful that I hadn't sprained an ankle or something. That would be seriously embarrassing when someone asked me how I sprained my ankle. So anyways, the moral to that story is....be very careful how fast you walk in grocery stores and never assume that you'll never fall because you aren't clumsy....hahaha

Well the rest of the day has been pretty good. I went to our new bookstore in town this afternoon and got myself a new kind of horror book. Well not exactly horror, but definitely creepy and out of the ordinary. So I'm looking forward to reading it...It'll be a nice refreshing break from the likes of Moby Dick. ha.

Later

2 comments:

Puppyluvr91 said...

Omg haha! That must have been so embarrassing! I hate falling in public like that. lol. I remember once when I got off the bus I slipped and fell right in front of everyone on the bus! Sooo embarrassing. lol I'm glad you were okay. :)

HBSinger said...

Thanks, Hannah! =]

Oh wow well I'm glad you didn't get hurt either! I guess everybody is due for at least one embarrassing fall in their lifetime....Lol