Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Update on My Grandma, and a Few Other Things....

*My grandma is now HOME, which is a really great thing if you've ever been anywhere near a hospital. Don't get me wrong; hospitals are great and (most of the time) are very helpful. However, it looks like it's just plain not fun being in one. How in the heck are you supposed to get any sleep when nurses come in every few hours to poke on you?? Anyways, I think my grandma is in a little better shape, and is moving around (which is good). She's not as weak, but is definitely not in what I call good condition. Not only is she battling cancer, but she also has a heart problem which is giving her problems as well. Plus, a nurse will have to come by her house every day for a little while to drain more fluid off of her lungs (who would have thought such a small woman could have so much fluid). So the bottom line, she is definitely in continued need of your prayers. Thank you much.

*For those of who don't know, I hate volleyball. I really really do. Not only do I stink at it, but I am just plain terrified at the thought of playing it. I cringe away from the ball everytime it comes my direction, and whenever my old youth group suggested playing a "good ole" game of volleyball I almost started crying. So I thought it was rather funny when the volleyball coach of the homeschool group we are joining (yes, this homeschool group has a girls volleyball team and a boys basketball team) called me up earlier today. The minute I realized that she was calling to try to convince me to come to volleyball practice tomorrow, I almost busted out laughing. Trust me, no volleyball team wants me anywhere near their vicinity. Five minutes with me and they'd be running me out of town with giant knives. Anyways, I immediately started to explain to her that I was really really (beyond words) bad at volleyball. She immediately went into a long speal about how it didn't matter how good you were as long as you were having fun and getting some good physical exercise (I'm sure she would change her mind about that after seeing me play). I suppose I should have just told her the truth about my hatred of volleyball. However, I was just plain stunned, and sometimes when you are just plain stunned you don't think logically. So I told her that I would think about it, and that I would call her back if I decided to give it a try. Let's just say I won't be giving her a call back...She seemed a very nice lady, but volleyball's just not for me. Sorry folks.

*I'm kind of nervous about tomorrow evening, because I'm auditioning for a community chorus thing. Even though the auditioner said the audition would be pretty laid back, I'm still nervous because I get nervous about pretty much everything. Hey I would get nervous singing in front of stuffed animals. ;) I just hope that I make it, because the first rehearsal is right after my audition. Soo at least I won't be kept in anticipation for very long. *sigh* Sometimes I feel like my whole life is one nervewracking endeavor right after the other. But oh well. Guess I'll just get over it. ;)

Later

2 comments:

QASYSTEMS said...

How was the audition? Your readers want to know...:-)

Puppyluvr91 said...

I'm glad your grandma was able to come home! I'm definitely still praying for her, and I hope she's feeling better soon.

haha, I'm exactly the same with volleyball! I absolutely hated having to play that in P.E. lol. So I don't blame you for not calling her back lol.