Saturday, August 8, 2009

Finally Moved

It's me again, and I'm finally here in my new house. I must say it's been a crazy last few weeks, and there are so many things I could write about that they probably won't fit all in one blog. Well they might, but then you'd still be reading two weeks from now and I really don't want to mess up your life like that. Sooo here is just some of what's been going on...



We left town last Tuesday, the 28th, and all four of us (plus one extremely annoyed, terrified, wide-eyed cat) arrived that evening at my grandparents house. We planned to close on the house the next day, and the movers were going to be bringing our things that Thursday the 30th. So the next day my mom and I set off to closing. I should have know something would have to go wrong...



As we set off, I started feeling kind of funny. I kind of felt like something was stuck in my throat. I shrugged it off, assuring myself that it was nothing, I was fine, and I wasn't going to let any dumb physical ailment ruin this momentous occasion. We got inside the room for the closing, and my throat wasn't getting any better. It started to feel like someone had shoved a knife down there while attempting to strangle me at the same time. On top of it all, my chest suddenly started feeling tight. I gulped rather loudly, and kept telling myself not panic. (I'm rather prone to panic attacks if you didn't know that already). In the meantime, there was really nothing I could about my problem. I was right in the middle of a huge legal event, if I complained to my mom about it she'd probably kill me (or get ticked at any rate), and if I ran out of the room everyone might freak out or call an ambulance or something and then I would be so embarrassed I'd have to move all over again. So I just stayed put and hoped the symptoms would go away....

They didn't. It didn't help matters that after the meeting our realtor and a few other people kept talking to me, and it's hard to smile back and act like you're in a good mood when you feel like all the air is being sucked out of your lungs (a slight exaggeration there, but I did feel pretty dang bad). When we finally got out of there, I told my mom, and then started pacing up and down the sidewalk outside the building while we waited for my grandpa to come pick us up (the wild, rampant pacing didn't really help the symptoms any.) My mom just told me to calm down, that she was sure it was nothing, and that there was no way it could be anything serious. However, I don't think anything she said could have phased me at this point. My throat and chest felt so tight I was afraid I'd stop breathing or something, almost die, and then ruin the entire move for everyone. Well, by the time my grandpa got there I was feeling a little better, and several hours later my symptoms finally vanished. But never fear. They didn't leave me alone for long....

The next night I decided to have a great, big bowl of chocolate ice cream. A few minutes later, the strange tightness returned, I got panicky again, and then something clicked in my brain. The day before when I had had my first attack, I had just eaten some strawberry yogurt. Aha. I had a dairy allergy. At first I was so relieved that it was just an allergy and not some serious disease that I was almost happy. Then it hit me. No more ice cream. No more yogurt. No more butter. No more cheese pizza....The more I thought about this the more depressed I got and was nearly on the verge of a panic attack again just at the thought of not being able to eat all that great food. I'd always been able to eat those foods, so I figured that I must have simply developed the allergy from eating too much of them. Yep that's just my luck for you....

So now yours truly is stuck without half of her favorite foods, and is pretty ticked off at these moving people because she can't find her awesome Bible with her name on it that she really really loves. If I don't find my Bible soon, I'm gonna kill those packers! (ahhh irony). ;) I am pretty upset about it, but hey. It's bound to turn up some time. Soo that's just a small (negative) taste of all the crazy things that have been going on here lately. Luckily there have a lot more good things than bad going on. I love our new house, our new neighborhood, the people I've met so far, the town,....basically it's all amazing so far. ;) I also tried out a new youth group yesterday (which was really really awesome) and on Friday I think I'm going to check out a possible dance school (in case you didn't know already I'm getting back into the wonderful, drama-filled world of ballet ;) ). Oh and I have to go to the dentist Friday as well because....well that's really a whole 'nother story I'll have to tell you later. ;)

3 comments:

QASYSTEMS said...

No chocolate ice cream! That's the major staple of anyone's (especially my) diet. I'm glad that you're all moved and getting settled in. The Bible will show up and even if it doesn't, God hasn't left you. Keep smiling and blogging. It's great to read your teen rammblings again.

Puppyluvr91 said...

OH NO! I'm soo sorry, Hannah! That must have been so scary when it happened, and so sad after you finally found out what it was! :(

Aww I hope you get your Bible back soon. I remember the same thing happening when we moved- it took forever to get everything unpacked and find all our stuff! I'm glad you like Kentucky though!

HBSinger said...

Awh thanks soo much guys!! Your encouragement definitely helps *hugs*