Sunday, August 30, 2009

Forgetful Me

The other day, my grandpa came to pick me and my brothers up to take us over to their house for dinner. A simple event that should surely have no complications involved. Think again (after all, when you're dealing with the likes of me nothing is simple). Anyways, my mom (who had been at my granparents' house all day), had called me earlier to tell me to bring some brown rice that we had over to my grandparents' house so that she could fix it for dinner. Easy enough for a person who remembers almost everything (note the word "almost") she's supposed to. (I particularly have an uncanny knack for remembering names and birthdays, so don't feel creeped out or think that I'm a freaky stalker or something if I remember your birthday after only having been told once...)

Moving on, my grandpa showed up a little earlier than usual. So flustered old me grabbed my purse, ran out the door, ran back in the house to grab a book (that I've read about a million times just for the record) and ran back out again. Then I ran back to the door again to lock in. When I finally made it to the van and we pulled out, I did something pretty stupid. I started reading in the car. You'd think that I'd know better by now...If you don't know this already, I get carsick rather easily. (When I was little I threw up twice in the car. Just thought that needed to be said....). So me + reading in the car = disaster. I don't puke or anything, but I start feeling really wierd. The words spin in front of my eyes, my head feels like it's going to explode with nausea, and I have to close my eyes, curl up in a ball (all while buckled up) and pretend I'm anywhere but the vehicle. Well, like a true dunce, I told myself that I'd be fine. Well, I wasn't. I started feeling very ill, and when the book went into a discussion of food I had to shut the book very quickly....So it was sitting in the car, hunched up in a ball, feeling not so well at all, that I remembered something crucial; I had forgotten the brown rice. Impossible. How could this be?? I never forget anything. (Really. It's true.) I determined that I must have forgotten because my grandpa had showed up so early and flustered me. But that didn't really solve the problem. I really didn't know if my Mom would really kill me for forgetting the brown rice, but I didn't really want to find out. So my poor grandpa had to drive allll the way back to the house (we were about 20 minutes out). He probably wanted to kill me at this point, but he's too nice to say anything....

When we arrived at the house, I opened the garage door and raced inside. It was then that I realized I had done it again; I had locked the door leading to the house from the garage, which meant I had to use a key to get in. My grandpa had my mom's key ring at this time (long, unimportant story) so I figured the house key had to be somewhere on it. So my grandpa and I spent the next five minutes attempting (and mostly failing) to locate the correct key to that door. I think we tried about every key on the dang key ring. It's a good thing no random pass-er-bys happend to see us. They probably thought we were burglars or something. A pair of pathetic burglars at that, but you never know who's a burglar and who's not these days....Anyways, we finally got in, and I raced for the pantry. I searched that pantry high and low, and still no sign of the brown rice. The only thing I knew at this point was that my stomach was growling ferociously, and a box of all natural chocolate cake icing sitting in the pantry was staring me right in the face. I figured my grandpa would think I had really lost it if I started making cake icing at such a time as this, so I quickly shut the pantry door. I then called my mom, who informed me that the brown rice was in the refrigerator. As I grabbed the brown rice and headed for the door, I muttered to myself, "This brown rice sure as heck better be excellent."....

So there you have it. Another one of my endless stories about how dumb I can be sometimes....;) Aside from that, nothing much else has really been going on, but this week is going to be really busy. For one thing I'm starting school tomorrow, plus our homeschool group is having an orientation thing tomorrow. Then Thursday I'm finally starting voice lessons again! =]

Later

3 comments:

Amy said...

So, how was the rice? haha

HBSinger said...

It was even more delicious than ususal! (so it was definitely worth it) hahaha

Puppyluvr91 said...

Omg the exact same thing happens to me when I try to read in the car! I get all dizzy and feel all weird...not fun!

lol, don't feel bad, this sounds like something I would do! I would totally forget the rice unless I wrote it down and put it somewhere where I'd see it later haha.