Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Chronicles of Narnia

Well I haven't posted a movie review in a while so I think I'll post one now. This one's on "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe."


This movie takes place in England during World War II and is based on the classic novel by C.S. Lewis.Four children are sent away from their home in London to be away from the horrible bombings occuring there, to an old eccentric professor's home in the English countryside. While there, they discover a strange wardrobe that transports them to magical world known as Narnia which is controlled by the evil White Witch. With the help of the great king Aslan, it's up to the four children to defeat the White Witch and become the four rulers of Narnia.

When I first saw this film it completely amazed me. The scenery and special effects are absolutely breathtaking, and the acting is great too. (If you've ever watched the BBC version of Narnia then you'll definitly appreciate the good special effects used in this version.) The thing I enjoyed the most, however, was the amazing story which had me in tears quite a few times. Christian symbolism is evident throughout the story (Aslan represents Christ while the White Witch represents Satan) and the courage and valor shown by the good side during the ending battle is truly inspiring. This movie has great moral value (something that is truly hard to find in movies these days) and there are no gross or disturbing scenes. This movie was a tad bit on the lengthy side, but is still pretty fast paced. I recommend this movie to anyone and give it 4 3/4 stars out of 5.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

HAHAHA I know what you mean about the two different versions. It's like night and day. =]

Heya Hannah! Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. I've been preoccupied.

How've you been? It was a little warmer today... so I'm getting excited about it REALLY starting to be spring. *sigh* It will never come. =D