Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tests, Tests, Tests

Unfortunately yesterday I had to go to the allergist due to my horrible reaction I had last month. (If you didn't read my blog about that I reacted to half a cashew sometime last month.) It took us over an hour to get there and when we finally did get there I discovered I had to take two allergy tests. What fun. The first one was a skin test where they put different samples of things I might be allergic to on my back. I didn't see it myself, but my brothers were tempted to play a game of tic-tac-toe on my back. Obviously it must have looked a tad bit strange. (They didn't test nuts on that test though cause they thought it might be too dangerous to do that.) So anyways I found out I'm pretty allergic to dust and to certain types of fish. I can live with that (I despise most kinds of fish with a passion). I'm just glad I didn't turn up allergic to chocolate or milk or I might not have been able to go on living. :) just kidding but it would have been pretty tough.

Then I had to go the lab for the *dun dun dun* blood test which is extremely not fun. (This test was for the nuts) For one thing the lady that was doing me could simply not find a vein on me to draw blood from (I must have really small veins.) She kept asing me, "Do you drink a lot of water?" and I'm thinking "Well yesterday I drank two and a half bottles of the stuff. Is that enough for you?" :) So anyways she finally found one and boy when she pricked it in it sure hurt. But luckily I didn't pass out or anything like that and it actually wasn't half as bad as I thought. So the results will be back in a few days and if it turns out I'm allergic to peanut butter....you don't want to know how I'm going to feel about that. :)

Well I had to take a massive history test today. It was somewhere around five pages long and was pretty darn tough if I say so myself. :) It also had an essay question on it which I didn't particularly enjoy, but I got through the whole test in about an hour which was pretty good I guess. :) I'm just waiting for my mom to grade it, and hopefully I won't see a big F- or something like that. Now that would be some kind of nightmare. :)

No comments: