Saturday, June 16, 2007

Cat Fights and Other Stuff

Yesterday morning while I was lazing around eating breakfast, I noticed a strange gray cat in our yard. This cat is our cat Charli's sworn enemy seeing as how it's always coming over to our garage to steal our cat's food. Normally Charli will just sit in the yard and stare at the gray cat for a while, and then the gray cat will saunter off and go its merry way. This time was different. Charli's tale got about the size of a spiked club first of all, and then she suddenly jumped on the gray cat. They scuffled for a little while during which my mom raced outside to try to put an end to it while my brothers ran to grab their water guns. (My mom won't admit it but she really does like our cat. :) ) After a few minutes the cats stopped fighting all of sudden and stared at each other nose to nose for a little while. Then they went right back to fighting again. When my mom raced forward to try to break up the fight, the gray cat took off with Charli chasing right after it. Obviously Charli was a bit tired of the gray cat stealing her food all the time. :) A few minutes later Charli showed up back at the garage fur all rumpled, and favoring her left paw. Luckily her paw looked a little better than it did yesterday, so there's probably nothing seriously wrong with it. There's been no sign of the gray cat since, and assuming that it survived the fight I don't think it'll come around here anytime soon. :)

Well tonight is our homeschool group's teen social thing that I was telling you about earlier, so I'm pretty excited about that at the moment. We finally found me a dress at about the tenth shop we looked at (okay more like the fourth but still. ) and I'm actually pretty satisfied with it. I had to end up getting a kid size but oh well. It doesn't even look like a kids dress anyway so who cares? :)

No comments: