Thursday, June 7, 2007

Random Topics

*Well today's my younger brother's birthday, so of course he forced me to wake up at about 8:00 AM (which is very early for summer) just so he could open presents. *sigh* I shouldn't really be talking though. :) Anyways, since a local pharmacy is about the only place that us kids can do shopping of any kind, I ended up getting him a bag of candy and a chocolate bar. He seemed pretty pleased with it (I mean who wouldn't). As long as he doesn't eat all of it at one time we'll all be good. :)

*About my grandma, as far as I know she seems to be doing a lot better. She'll be going into rehab for several weeks I believe, so hopefully that will do her a lot of good. I'll be sure to let you know if anything else happens with that.

*Recently I read the fantasy book "The Mantle of Abbadon" and its sequel "The Thorns of Tulumar" both by G.T. Hesse. Though the books had a few similarities to the Chronicles of Narnia, (the High King was a Lion), I still throughly enjoyed them and for the most part they were very different from most fantasy books. I thought it was neat how both of the books were obviously Christian allegories. For example, the characters Efenlo and Dymar represented Jesus and the Devil, while the mantle and the thorn,which imprisoned many of the common people, obviously represented sin. I could find a lot more symbolism to mention here, but I don't want to ruin the story for you. :)

No comments: