Monday, June 11, 2007

Dermatology and Sickness

Today I had to go to the dermatologist's office to have a rather large annoying mole cut off my back. I was a little bit worried at first about the whole thing, but the procedure itself involved the doctor numbing it in some way and then just digging it out. (It couldn't have taken more than about 10 minutes.) I was rather interested in going to the office as 1: I've never been to a dermatology place before and 2: I'm considering being a dermatologist when I grow up, so I thought it would be interesting to see what they really do in person. :) When I was younger I had orginially wanted to be a doctor who delivers babies, but I decicded against that since I'd probably be a tad bit squeamish when it comes to that kind of stuff. :) I'll just stick to skin.

Well this past weekend hasn't been the most pleasurable as I've been sick with some kind of bug. All Friday afternoon I felt thorougly exhausted for no apparent reason and my limbs felt kind of achy. Then I developed a temperature and just barely managed to have the strength to crawl into bed that night. haha. Don't worry I wasn't quite that weak. Then the next day I developed a sore throat that I'm still getting over right now and is quite annoying to say the least. :) One of my friends was supposed to have come over to spend the night Friday, but she never showed up which worked out for the best seeing as how I was sick and all. I never exactly figured out why she couldn't come...but oh well. :)

No comments: