Friday, June 29, 2007

Misunderstanding

This past Wednesday my mom (who doesn't normally sing with our church's choir) had been told that at the end of the rehearsal the choir would be going over the Messiah, the one thing my mom would be doing with the choir. So my mom told me (who was staying for the whole practice) that she would come at around 8:30. 8:30 came and went, and soon it was 8:50 and still no mom. So in the middle of practice I ducked out in the hallway and phoned home. My dad picked up, and I asked him why mom hadn't showed up yet. He replied, "Hannah, your mom left ages ago." So we both started to freak out. My dad said he was leaving the house to search, and I hung up and hurried through the sanctuary towards the front of the church, intending to meet my dad there. My horrible visions of my mom's car flipping over into a ditch or her being in a terrible accident were confirmed false, however, when as I dashed into the foyer I noticed one person standing there. Mom. Turns out she had been standing back there forever but just hadn't popped her head into the sanctuary because she had been waiting to go in when the Messiah started. She was in a pretty irritable mood by this time since she had wasted her time sitting in the foyer for a Messiah rehearsal that never came. Anyways, she called my dad before he had left the house, and everybody realized it had been a false alarm. Next time before I panic, I'll be sure to check the foyer. :)

Well besides that interesting experience, which prompted me to unload the dishwasher without complaining two times in a row, the rest of this week has been pretty normal. Now I'm just ready for a relaxing weekend free from Wednesday nights, spanish practice, piano practice, and the like. Also tomorrow night is our church's annual father-daughter banquet, so I'm hoping my dad will decide to take me. :) haha. I'll wrap this up by saying what I've said several times before, thank goodness it's Friday.

No comments: