Friday, July 13, 2007

Order of the Phoenix

Today I got to see the 5th Harry Potter installment, and I quite enjoyed it. Warning. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie and would like to in the future, don't read any further or a suprise might be ruined. So don't say I didn't warn you. :) The move overall was very well done. A lot of scenes that were main in the book had to be left out of course, seeing as how the book was 800 something pages long. I thought the director did a very good job compressing everything together though, even though some parts were a tad bit confusing. For example for those who hadn't read the book, the part about the prophecy might have been a bit confusing. Also my dad was particularly irked at how short the ending fight between Dumbeldore and Voldemort was. I agree it could have been a bit longer, and also the ending could have been a little bit better if they had followed the ending in the book. Other than those few things though, the screenplay was really quite good. The move also really brought out how all the good guys (like Harry) had what Voldemort didn't have, love. So I really don't understand how Christians can think that Harry Potter is completely evil and has no Christian themes, etc. But more on this later. I don't want to cause a riot. :)

The actors did a very good job, and the graphics were of course excellent. I thought the actress who played Luna Lovegood did a very good job (her voice was perfect), and the actress who did Dolores Umbridge was excellent as well. (She made you want to wring her neck.) Also the movie was pretty fast paced compared to the earlier ones, and I really like that. So all in all I give the movie 4 1/2 stars out of 5. Watching the movie has gotten me particularly excited about next Saturday when the final book comes out. I can assure you I will be reading it next weekend. :)

No comments: