Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sickness and Other Random Stuff

About two days after I got back from camp I came down with the cold that's been going around in my family. Just my luck huh? Luckily I don't have it too severe, but I was sure that this time I wasn't going to get it. After all my family had come down with while I was away, and I assumed it would have been too late for me to get it. Think again, Hannah. *sigh* But I am determined to get better before tomorrow because I have a voice lesson and choir tomorrow which are things I really don't want to miss just because I have some dumb cold. I'm so determined in fact that this morning I drank a glass filled to the brim with orange juice (not my favorite drink in the world.) If it hadn't been watered down some I think it would have killed me. :) So we'll just have to see about tomorrow then.

On to more pleasant topics, this summer I've been doing a lot of reading for two reasons: 1: I absolutely loove to read; and 2: Each summer I keep a log of all the books I read, and at the start of school my dad gives me one buck for every book I read. So far I've chalked up about 18 bucks. Sorry there, Dad. :) Recently I read Troubling a Star by Madeline L'Engle which was so good I could hardly put it down. Some of the details about Antartica got a bit tedious at times, but it was still a great read. I also recently read two National Park mysteries entitled Wolf Stalker and Rage of Fire. They were overall very well written and had some pretty neat facts in them. Sure I read them all very quickly (there wasn't a whole lot too them) but they were still pretty dang good. :)

Well hopefully this week I'll be able to convince my dad to take us to see the new Harry Potter movie that's coming out Wednesday. I'll be sure to let you know my opinion of it after I see it. (If I see it that is.) That's it for now.

No comments: