Thursday, June 12, 2008

Home Again

Just got back from vacation today, and as to where we went I'll just say that we spent a great deal of our time at the largest house in America. I'll assume you know what I'm talking about. =] Anyways we had a really good time as I've been wanting to go to Biltmore for quite some time. It's a good thing our tickets were good for two days though because there was simply wayy too much to do. We spent the first day going through the house which was of course very nice, but extremely crowded. You couldn't stop and look at anything without some stranger bumping into you. Plus there was no air conditioning so it got really hot in there (not to mention I started to get claustraphobic towards the end). Unfortunately my mom is one of those people who has to examine nearly every single detail (even the bathrooms) so we spent a little more time in there than I would have liked. But hey it was still a great time. And the ice cream parlor was spectacular (though the servings weren't exactly for people on the smallish side).

The second day we did the gardens, which was much less crowded and a little bit more enjoyable. However, we walked on one trail which led to a waterfall and that led quite a ways away from the house. Don't get me wrong. The scenery was great, but ever since encountering a rattlesnake at a previous woodland trail I have never been too fond of such things. Not to mention it got really hot and my legs felt like they were on fire towards the end of the walk. I tripped over a few tree roots, mistook several things for snakes, and screamed everytime a bug landed on me. But I did survive and managed to make it back in one piece.

Before I finish just thought I'd share one of my pure acts of stupidity. The hotel we stayed at has a swimming pool and even though I'm not the best swimmer, (I refuse to swim in water over 5 feet), I still wanted to go in. So while me and my bro were goofing around he suggested that I try swimming with him on my back. Now please don't ask me what possessed me because I have no clue. All I know was I decided to give it a try. So I took off, swam for a nano second, and of course went under. For a person who hates going underwater, this was a nightmare. By the time I finally managed to make it back to the surface I had swallowed a whole bunch of chlorine and didn't know whether to laugh or scream angrily at myself. *sigh* It was just one of those days....

1 comment:

Puppyluvr91 said...

That's so cool! We went to the Biltmore House over spring break four years ago. Hard to believe it was that long ago already! Glad you enjoyed it. :) Yeah, I remember how crowded it was!
Ahh, yeah, that would have been really scary to me too to try to put someone on my back in the water. lol.