Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Miserable Morning at the Dentist

This morning I ended up at the dentist (though certainly not of my own accord.) For one thing the appointment was at 9:00 AM, which is the crack of dawn on days when school's out. Secondly, getting your teeth cleaned is never fun (unless you enjoy having them poke all those wierd instruments around in your mouth). No offense if you do of course, but moving on...

First she hits you with vibrations and water. For those of us with sensitive teeth, those things hurt like the dickens. They could seriously use those things for torture methods.....Then you get to sit there while she scrapes plaque off your teeth (never a pleasant sound) and also decides to ask you random questions about yourself. Not that I don't like talking to people (well most people =]) but it is rather difficult to talk while someone's fingers and wierd appliances are stuck in your mouth..... Then she brushes your teeth (or rather jams an electric toothbrush as hard as she can into your tooth) and flosses them (or, again, rather jams the thread as hard as it will go into your gum). And then she does the worst thing of all. She decides to poke around your gums with some long pointy thing. (hehe). I have extremely sensitive gums, so I had to work hard not to cry out in pain (seriously). But finally she is done, and then the dentist sees you for about five seconds (easy job huh). The bottom line is I survived, (with better looking teeth for all that pain), but it was definitely no walk in the park.

After that our youth group had a cookout, to get to know our new youth minister better, which was a lot of fun. The hamburger didn't quite measure up to the special all natural ones we order (those things are dang good), but it was still quite tasty. And of course visiting with everyone was nice too. =]

That's it for now

1 comment:

Puppyluvr91 said...

Ahh yes, I know just how you feel. The dentist is certainly not my favorite place to be either. Luckily the people at my dentist are really nice so that makes it better, but I still hate having them poke all those things in my mouth. lol