Monday, June 30, 2008

Home (For the Time Being)

Well we made it back from our trip yesterday, and I have to say I'm quite glad. I still had some fun of course, but it was extremely hot (you'd get heat stroke from running one lap around the yard) and a tinsy bit boring at times. For example one of the prime sources of entertainment for my brothers and me was rolling around in a wheelchair my grandma had on the porch. haha I'm exaggerating a bit, but we did roll around in quite a lot. ;) I also made the mistake of trying to operate my grandma's dial-up computer. I will never do that again. I spent 30 minutes trying to load one song only to receive a message that said the internet provider had to shut down due to an error. But the computer wasn't entirely useless. Playing solitare can be quite fun when you're desparate. =]

Looking on the bright side, I did get to go clothes shopping and we got to eat out a few times. (We rarely ever eat out due to my dad's restrictive diet). So all in all I managed to have some fun, but I'm very glad to get home. However, due to my other grandma's breast cancer, we might be heading to visit her and my grandpa as soon as next week (or even this friday), so I won't get a whole lot of time to enjoy home. But oh well. At least I'm not stuck at home all the time this summer. Speaking of my grandma we're getting the idea that the cancer is not as bad as it first sounded, but it's still cancer and thus requires quick treatment. Now she'll get to join my dad in drinking his favorite drink: carrot juice. I don't envy them....

No comments: