Saturday, January 20, 2007

Kentucky basketball

"Go Kentucky!! No way! Unfair call! Fair call! Yes!!!"
Those are words which come commonly from my mouth when I happen to be watching a UK college basketball game. As you might have already guessed I'm a huge Kentucky basketball fan. Don't know how I got to be such a big fan. Mainly cause I love the state of Kentucky I suppose. (haha) Last year, however, Kentucky didn't play too hot. Okay they stunk last year. (That was painful to say) If I was a fair weather fan I would have stopped rooting for Kentucky a long time ago. Fortunately for them I'm not. In fact I was betting that Kentucky was going to make it to the championship game last year. Here is what my dad would say to such a thing.

Me: Dad, I bet Kentucky will make it to the championship game.

Dad: Yeah sure. The Easter Bunny and Santa will be playing backcourt and George Washington will be playing point guard.


As you can surmise my dad didn't have too much faith in Kentucky's skills last year. This year is different. Kentucky is playing much better, and they have won 11 straight games. They are 4-0 in the SEC conference. Sure they've played nothing but dog teams in the SEC but still, they look a lot better as a team this year than last year. This afternoon they're playing Vanderbilt which could get tricky. (Vanderbilt killed them last year.) Not this year though. Things will be different. (Hopefully)
Oh well. No matter how bad Kentucky is you'll probably still see me rooting for them. I'll keep you updated on their condition. This year they just might make it to that championship game.
Go UK

No comments: