Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dance Saga- Part Three

Finally the last part...

As time went on at this new dance school, I decided it was time to face the truth; I hated it. I watched the clock all the time during lessons, anytime a cloud appeared in the sky I said it was too stormy to go, and whenever I saw my dance teachers anywhere near me I attempted to hide in the nearest corner or behind the closest person. Besides all of this, I knew that if I continued I'd have a constantly disgruntled father (who now avoids all courtyards in this area), and two horribly bored brothers who might soon resort to skateboarding off the dance roof or something thus killing themselves. Not to mention my poor mother who has to deal with all of them. So one day on the way home from a lesson, I finally told my dad I wanted to quit. He didn't sound very upset about it I'll say that....

After this I found out a local charter school in our area had ballet lessons, so I decided to try there for the remainder of the year. It was actually quite enjoyable. All the kids were really nice (no snobs for a change), the teacher was....well I'll say interesting (but great compared to those other ones), and there wasn't any pressure on your head at all. Since no one else besides me did pointe, the teacher said I could come early to practice by myself if I wanted to. I think I did that once. For one thing pointe's painful and messes up your foot. And secondly who wants to practice by yourself anyways? hehe Anyways, I finished up the year there, and then decided that summer to just be done with dance and move on to other things like voice and piano. Though I really enjoyed it (some of it that is) I decided that I'd had quite enough dance experiences to last me a lifetime....

1 comment:

Puppyluvr91 said...

That's good you finally found a place that was little bit better. lol. That must have been sad having to quit dance! But at least you're doing some other fun stuff now. :)