Thursday, August 21, 2008

Narnia

While we were visiting family two weeks ago, my cousins and siblings and all of them decided they wanted to go see Prince Caspian. Now I wasn't necessarily opposed to this since I had never seen it and kind of wanted to, but I kept dropping subtle hints about seeing the Dark Knight again instead and maybe seeing Narnia later. Well either no one picked up on my subtle hint dropping or I just got totally ignored, but anyways we ended up going to see Narnia. Soo here's my little review for it...And before you read it be warned that there might be a few spoilers in there. So if you haven't seen it, then I suggest you don't read on. But otherwise keep on going.....

First of all if you walk in the movie expecting it to be just like the book, then I suggest you walk right out again. It was nothing like the book (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and many of the scenes I was sitting there thinking, "Huh? Where the heck did that come from?" But don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it. The acting was great, the effects and music tremendous, and the story was pretty interesting. The problem was there wasn't enough of it. There were so many fighting/dueling scenes (a heck of a lot of violence for a PG movie) that it was hard to remember if there even was a story in the first place. Okay a bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point. Besides all this Aslan, the great Lion who represents Christ (particuarly in the first movie), hardly got any screen time at all. And when he did get some screen time he didn't attack or do anything exciting at all. Instead of defeating the Telmarine soldiers by jumping on them or something ferocious like that, he made the waves of the sea rise up and swallow them. Pretty cool to watch, but still. And last but not least, what was up with that Prince Caspian/Susan romance? Sorry I just that was a little odd...Anyways the bottom line is the movie was good, but not nearly as good as the first. Hopefully the next movie will get back to old form...

2 comments:

Puppyluvr91 said...

Glad you enjoyed the movie! I agree though, it was pretty violent for a PG movie. Well, I thought it was pretty violent until I saw the Dark Knight...haha. :)

Haha! That part at the end with Susan and Prince Caspian made me laugh. Prince Caspian said something when they were about to leave, like he wished they had more time together and Susan was like, "It wouldn't have worked, I'm 1300 years older than you." haha! lol I just found that funny for some reason. :) But I agree, it was kind of weird. lol

HBSinger said...

Haha I know I actually loved that part! =] Lol So it was like wierd and funny at the same time if that makes sense.....hahahaha