Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School

Well school started back yesterday, and after today I feel like I've already done a whole weeks worth. Okay a bit of an exaggeration, but it does take a while to get used to all of it again. And I think it's hard now. Wait till Algebra 2 and Chemistry start to get hard.....hehe I already have enough of a time of it with French pronunciation. I mean seriously how do those people talk over there without injuring their voices? Half of their words are pronounced in the back of your throat. Very wierd. And what's even wierder is hearing me trying to do it like they do. You would probably get your laugh for the day hearing that....

Besides the horrors of French, the literature questions are turning out to be even worse than I thought. Not that the reading part isn't interesting (I'm reading The Scarlet Letter at the moment), but it's those dang questions that drive me up a wall. I mean how do I know how a certain series of dialogue fits into the author's "over-arching purpose"? I never knew the man, so how do I know what his purpose was? Not to mention my mother is a real literature/English buff, so she's content to pick out meaning from every syllable all day. haha. I guess I should stop complaining since that's just the way things are. I mean the only way I'd be happy with literary questions is if they were yes or no questions.

Well that's the end of my school tirade; for now at least......=]

1 comment:

Puppyluvr91 said...

Haha, I've heard that French is really hard to pronounce. lol. Spanish is pretty easy to pronounce, but the one thing I absolutely cannot do is that thing with the double r where you have to "roll" the rs. lol

Argh, literature questions. That's definitely not my favorite thing either!

Well, glad everything's going okay and good luck with the rest of school!