Friday, August 15, 2008

Not Too Fun

I woke up Tuesday morning with an extremely sore throat. It was so sore it had even been eeking into my subconscious because I think I dreamed about it. Anyways, I was kind of worried cause the last thing I wanted was to be sick. But since I had run my fan the day before (which was probably covered in dust which I am extremely allergic too), I decided that it simply had to be allergies. But just in case, I took all the precautions. I gargled in salt water, kept an ice pack on my throat (which made my neck really red for a while), and even ate some honey which I wouldn't pick to eat over dirt. However, the pain still persisted so badly that I was pretty afraid that I had strep. So if it wasn't better the next day I'd have to go the doctor and get antibiotics shoved down my throat....Great. But hey the medicine would probably be nothing compared to the honey...

The next day I decided that it couldn't be strep, because my throat already felt better. Did the rest of me felt better? Not so much. Let's just say I felt like crap for the whole day. I had a whole bunch of congestion trapped in my chest, I had the energy of a snail, and I was all light-headed and woozy. But all that was nothing compared to what I felt later in the day...

It all started when I decided to take an olive (or something like that) all natural pill that was supposed to help colds. Now I'm wierd in the sense that I have a really hard time swallowing pills, so in the process of getting this long pill down I had to drink several cups of grape juice very very quickly. Then after I finally got it down I decided to eat half of a green banana. I really should have been thinking a little harder before I did all that....

Later in the day I was lying on my bed watching TV (something I don't really do unless I'm desparate for entertainment), when I suddenly felt these wierd, sharp stabs in my stomach. I tried to ignore them, but that didn't help too much because they kept getting worse and worse. Pretty soon I felt like a heavy weight boxer was laying into my gut, so I got up and stumbled downstairs. And I do mean stumbled. My stomach hurt so bad I could hardly stand up straight (and that's no exaggeration). By the time I made it downstairs, I was hurting even worse (if that were possible) and the pains were horribly constant. They wouldn't let up a single inch. So while I writhed in pain on the couch my panic instincts kicked in (as you might know I am very prone to panic attacks, which I'm sure did not help my stomach pains any). It didn't help to imagine the obituary headlines, "Girl dies of stomach ache brought on by olive pill and an over excess of grape juice." By this time I was in so much pain that I seriously debated screaming at my parents to call 911. However, after some deep breathing and lying prone on the couch for a few minutes, the pain subsided. Thank goodness for that. I think I'd rather be hammered on the head than have that happen again.

Luckily I'm feeling much better today. Just a little bit of a hacking cough (which sounds a lot worse than it feels) plus I'm a little woozy. But other than that I'm all cured. Just in time for school on Monday.....Darnnn =]

2 comments:

Puppyluvr91 said...

Omigosh I'm sooo sorry! That sounds so awful! Ugh I've had really excruciating stomach pains like that before, it is so horrible! I'm glad you're feeling better now. =]

HBSinger said...

Thanks so much! =]