Friday, May 2, 2008

Nancy Drew

Saw the new Nancy Drew movie on paperview a few weeks ago and thought I'd give a review for it.

In the movie, Nancy Drew goes to California with her father and moves into a creepy old house that of course has a mystery involved. She discovers it was the home of a movie actress who disappeared for 9 months and then was strangely murdered. Though Nancy tries to please her father and be a "normal" non-sleuthing teenage girl, she doesn't fit in well with her high school crowd and soon turns right back to the mystery with the help of her new young friend Corky. Soon her friend Ned from back home in River Heights comes to join her, and the three attempt to uncover the murderer of the actress (as well as her daughter), all while trying to escape attempts on their lives.

I have to say I enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would. I thought they would ruin the character of Nancy Drew (as newfangled movies often do), but they kept pretty true to her through the whole thing (though her exploits were a bit cheesy at times). I mean what girl carries around all the equipment she does? But hey she is Nancy Drew after all...The movie also had a lot of humor to it, the actors were well cast, and the plot twists weren't overly obvious or predictable. All in all I give this movie 4 stars out of 5.

1 comment:

Puppyluvr91 said...

I remember seeing the previews for that, it looked really good. :) I'll have to rent it sometime. :)