Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Okay

To start off with yes I am still alive. ;) This past weekend has been crazy, and not in a good way. My dad (who has a benign brain tumor) started having these wierd attacks (that he thought were strokes) last Saturday. So he ended up in the emergency room, and I ended up almost hyperventilating (I am very prone to panic attacks). After my dad had a cat scan to see what was going on (too bad they don't use a real cat on those things) the emergency room doctor basically came in and said to my dad, "well it looks like your brain tumor has grown some. Bye." Okay so he wasn't that brusque, but he didn't give us any details at all. The good news is that 1: Those cat scan are not accurate at all; 2: My uncle (who is a neurosurgeon) called us late sunday night and explained that those attacks don't necessarily mean his tumor has grown or has converted to cancer. He thought they were probably just focal seizures that could have something to do with his medicine, or the fact that his tumor has just rotated a little, etc. So the bottom line is we are not as freaked out as we were, but we haven't had the mri yet so we don't know anything for sure. I will definitely keep you updated. Prayers would be great. ;)

On a brighter note, didn't you just love watching the Giants beat the Patriots? (Pardon me if you're a Patriots fan) =] It was after that last big touchdown by the Giants that my dad had another attack (just a focal seizure and not a stroke we kept reminding ourselves) since he got a bit excited. (that is a bit of an understatement). Anyways, even though I knew perfectly well the attack wouldn't harm him any, I still got really panicky and my head started vibrating. Add that to the excitement of the game, and you had my ears ringing, everything going dizzy, and my mom yelling, "put your head between your legs!". Yes I did recover before I passed out luckily.

No comments: